[sudoroom] proposed change to the compact

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Wed Dec 19 08:15:06 CET 2012

the fact that you have to explain "open" probably means it's
too ambiguous to go in the compact. Open as opposed to what? What would a
"closed" space look like vs an "open" one? There are certainly ideas that
Sudo Room is closed to (for example, hierarchy by default).

Other than that like it :-)

--Andrew

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Leonid Kozhukh <len at ligertail.com> wrote:

> this past sunday, marina, jehan, aaron, anthony and i took some time to
> discuss various parts of the compact that need more iteration.
>
> id like to start the general discussion with amendments to the values
> section - added to the agenda for tomorrow. this is a summary of my
> thinking, looking forward to discussing further at the meeting...
>

>    - sudo room is [we are] a do-acracy that is:
>

>    - -open
>

>    - -transparent
>

>    - -inclusive
>

>    - -collaborative
>

>    - -constructive
>

> comments:
> [the foundation of how we operate]
> open
> transparent
> inclusive
> [the scaling to group context]
> collaborative
> [the purpose]
> constructive
>
> also note that open and inclusive are very similar. to me, the diction
> refers to adaptability in mindset (open) vs. the physical, real-world
> inclusion that subsumes safe space.
>

> --
> len
>
> founder, ligertail