[sudoroom] Kopimism

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Mon Dec 10 02:02:38 CET 2012

Hi Steve,

I'm sure the sudoroom list is probably not the best forum. Maybe at our
next meeting ( or before it ) we can come up with something better.

I would say the short answer to your question would be that you could, for
example, sell an album online, but once someone has it, they are free to
copy and share it if they want or encourage others to pay you for it. It's
entirely up to them. Another example is that i could sell a book, but if
someone wanted to copy it and sell it as their own that's ok because whats
important is the information, not who owns it.

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Steve Berl <steveberl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't make it next Sunday, but I'd like to know more about this. In
> particular I am curious how, in such a system, do content creators
> (musicians, authors, etc) get paid for their work?
>
> Is there a good forum for such a discussion?
>
> -steve
>

> On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Jae Kwon <jkwon.work at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We had a vibrant discussion of a fork of Kopimism yesterday, centered
>> around the natural laws of information.
>>
>> Next week on Sunday at 1pm we'll meet at SudoRoom to discuss future steps
>> on how to hack society's understanding of information and "intellectual
>> property" for a swift transformation towards internet/speech freedom and
>> patent reform.
>>
>> Today, information is ownable. This entails a complex/costly system of
>> statutory <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute> regulations that
>> attempt to prohibit the transmission of information and limit our powers of
>> free speech in order to protect the financial interests of "content owners".
>> There is a fundamentally different way, hereafter referred to as
>> Kopimism, that is at odds with today's complex and self-defeating system of
>> intellectual property. Kopimism is simpler, more efficient, and arguably
>> better for everybody in the long run.
>> Kopimism is so good because it is in harmony with (and better exploits)
>> the natural laws of reality. Information (a dual of matter) is intangible,
>> inexhaustible, and illuminating. As matter wants to fall, information wants
>> to be free. Kopimism takes advantage of these sacred (God given) properties
>> of reality for the benefit of humanity.
>> We have an opportunity to introduce Kopimism to the mainstream by
>> propagating this normative <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normative> way
>> of Kopimism that arrises from our understanding of reality. Our mission is
>> to unite the factions and transition the world towards a society of
>> complete information freedom through the transformation of our own way of
>> being.
>>

>> http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Kopimism (please edit as you wish)
>>
>> Our next meeting will be Dec 16th at 1pm.

> --
> -steve

-------
Andrew Lowe