[sudoroom] Morning Math Idea / Experiment

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 04:23:36 CET 2012

Here is a proposal I'm making to try and intertwine 4 goals of mine,
hopefully they will be very universal.

1)Proliferate sudo room events
2)Continued, semi-serious, math education
3)Beta test P2PU's beta site
4)Lean with a group as well as self study.

I've created a Morning Math group course at P2PU:
http://beta.p2pu.org/en/courses/23/morning-math/

The idea is that we will still meet at morning math as per usual (1), only
we will organize a curricula(2) through the P2PU beta website (3) where we
have a rolling series of lessons that member will present from their own
study(4).

They other advantage is that with an online component we can also take in
people from the net who want to join by using video confernencing.

If you're interested, just join the P2PU group and we'll start discussing
on there directly. I've already set the schedule for me to present On
December 11 and 13 on the Universal Register Machine, and volunteered
Anthony to lecture on a Geometry topic the week following. You should
register a week (2-part lecture) if you want to force yourself to learn
something.

Best,

Max