[sudoroom] Fwd: Tomorrow Night.....

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:47:21 CEST 2012

Hearing Laurie's perspective about this conflict makes me feel like the
Sound Room is justified in arriving. So long as no illegal action was taken
on the part of Laurie and George, it seems the meditation center
unfortunately must adapt or move on.

I have prior commitments tonight and cannot make it, but if anyone can go,
please let me know if you can include the following note (if we can meet
beforehand, I can give you a printed copy):

To the City of Oakland Planning Commission:

I am a proud member of *Sudo Room*, a group of excited, thoughtful,
creative people who pursue community participation, resource sharing, and
involvement with technology and other valuable resources that benefit the
public and contribute to social good.

Similar to the *Sound Room*, we are in the process of moving into Laurie
and George's building (in the contiguous address of 2135 Broadway).

I have had the personal pleasure to meet a few of the Sound Room folks
during “First Fridays” open house events, where both they and Sudo Room
displayed local artists' work and celebrated Oakland's sense of community.
Last month's crowd at First Fridays was enormously large! Larger than I
have *ever* seen it! It was truly inspirational to see such excitement in
downtown/uptown Oakland. This is just one example of the kinds of creative,
inclusive endeavors we expect and all want to see thrive in Oakland.

Not speaking on behalf of Sudo Room, I am personally moved by the
intentions and *actions* of Sound Room. They deserve the opportunity to
thrive. We should respect their right to exist and utilize resources for
which they have and will continue to fairly exchange. I look forward to
their positive local impact.

In Love and Solidarity,
Matt Senate