[Spaceapi-devel] Space API Issue

slopjong slopjong at syn2cat.lu
Mon Feb 25 19:31:41 CET 2013

On 2013-02-23 14:49, ToM wrote:
> Le 21/02/2013 22:53, Roland Hieber a écrit :
>> Hmm. slopjong, could you put the name of the hackerspace in the
>> title
>> for better overview?
>
> So currently it seems we have :
>
>   To:  <this very list>
>   CCi: <concerned hackerspace>
>
> This is unfair! We, subscribed (committed) people, are exposed to
> some
> unknown triggering entity :-)
>
> What about :
>
>   To:  <concerned hackerspace>
>   Cc:  <this very list>
>
> This way, the mail is aimed at the concerned hackerspace and still
> showing us as willing to help after issues.

This has always been my way to do it but when I told Jeanne D'Hack (a
french space) about this I was blamed to be a spammer and that this
strategy is just f*uck, sh*t ... and finally I was told that they give a
shit on the space api and no space else would really care about it.

That's the reason why they changed the emails in their implementation
to void at void.null.

      "contact": {
         "twitter": "@jeannedhack",
         "irc": "irc://irc.freenode.org/jeannedhack",
         "email": "void at void.null",
         "ml": "void at void.null"
     },

Because of the absolute overall silly behavior of this space I'm
waiting for feedback of other spaces.

What I see is that "no space cares about it" is just wrong, there are 2
to 4 new spaces per month. If no space cares, why do they all add
themselves to the directory? Nobody's forcing them to fill out the text
field and especially Jeann D'Hack itself. Why did they bring back their
endpoint 2 weeks ago if they give a shit on it?

I will introduce a new email field for issue reports which is used then
for this special kind of emails. If a space doesn't define it a tweet
will be made.

cheears,
slopjong