[foodhackingbase] weekly updates

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Sat Jan 31 13:45:58 CET 2015

Hi to all,
I'm doing just a small update so you know what is going on, if you are
not involved already :-) I would like to do shorter version once per
week or two and some bit bigger recapitulation once per month. I will
add summary of this post with some photos to our wikies hopefully by
tomorrow.

#  The photos from 31c3 are being gathered, I have briefly went through
the ones which were taken by my camera, Ingo is doing same on his side
and I wonder who else has some pictures to share? Good question here,
where do we want to upload them, now and preferably also in the future.
At the moment we have our resources kind of everywhere as Steffen
suggested before we should try to bring our online presence together and
photo galleries are definitely part of it. Suggestions, ideas? Open
source preferred, we can effort to pay I think for some nice solution.

#  The TV report on our activities at 31c3 should be already online
somewhere, do you know Ingo where was that suppose to be viewed? I don't
have idea, sorry, I would like to add it to the fhb media presence.

#  I've uploaded I believe all the spendings to the list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bj_60w8B7EmbdfyCZSivt-29vKM1ZA22c6bSuafwCZc/edit#gid=0

I'll check it once more and conclude hopefully tomorrow, sooner better.
I wonder if I should take photos of the bills and upload them, it would
be lovely but it is quite a bit of work.

#  I will start a blog post about fhb at 31c3 asking most of you who
were there for contributions so we do it as a collective effort, I hope
we may be done within 2-3 weeks and have it "up there." Will post on
this topic within few days, adding link to the text file to contribute
to.

#  As I've presented at 31c3 I'm continuing building up Food Hacking
Base (fhb) facility here in Jeju island, South Korea which will be
opened to the people who are into food, beverage and other types of
hacking, feel welcome to pop in! It will have fermentation room combined
with small biolab, small hacker space with basic computer, electronic
and other equipment and hacker residency so people can stay. I hope some
people join during the build up, spring is beautiful here and we will
definitely accommodate :-) I would like to have this done by April,
running small crowdsourcing campaign to cover part of the investments
and some of the costs "to keep the lights on". Our lease of this place
is till July 2016, so there is some time to show what we can do. It is
likely that next place to replicate this project in a bigger scale will
be Europe, this is lets say a phase one, or test run.

#  Experimental Incubator - I may go to China joining some other people
interested in experimental incubator or device of similar type, I will
gather more information soon happily sharing that. One way or other I
need to make my device functional here again (already tested the basic
functions and it survived the trip to Europe OK) and I want to implement
one of the Robin's designs too so we can compare. If things go well I
should go to this meeting by the end of February so we will talk before
than.

#  CCC camp on 13-17 of August during this summer is our next big event,
it would be very nice of you to let the group know if you are coming in
case that you know already. I and Eunha are coming, done.

#  What about doing a Food&Beverage Hakathon by the end of February or
March?

That would be done for now, I hope I touched the most important
subjects, more will be shared soon!

Sincerely,

Frantisek

PS I've to talk to Moritz about the car I've misused it this time quite
a bit and also returned the second navigation with delay and fucked up
female connector, well not happy, have to do better next time.

Disclaimer - there are other people who have access to this email
account, please be aware of that it is part of the design. For "highly
private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com