[foodhackingbase] Kefir follow up

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 18:13:45 CET 2014

Hi Gilbert and others,
I hope you do not mind that I copied the mailing list too, it should be quite "safe" and it helps for the future updates - I definitely recommend to subscribe, or Facebook group page if you prefer.

Based on your request I've uploaded a simple short workshop manual how to make kefir based ginger beer (non alcoholic) which I have been using in more or less same version for last few years

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Ginger_beer_manual_-_short_workshop_form

If you like you can combine the fresh ginger which is brewed for lets say last two days of fermentation with by heat treated ginger (the 10 min simmered one from the manual), you could split it 1:1 so 100 grams of fresh one for two days and 100 g of boiled one just before bottling. Also if you like you can change the 6-7% (w/v; 300-350 g) of sugar to +-9-10% (w/v; 450-500 g) of honey, it gives really lovely ferment but it is bit more expensive.

I hope it works for you and others well, I will try to upload more manuals soon, especially the tempeh manual.

Sincerely from PostTenebrasLab,