[foodhackingbase] Website

Steffen Beyer steffen at beyer.io
Thu Jan 9 01:43:02 CET 2014

Feature wise, I can not see an advantage of DokuWiki¹. File based
storage might even make future extensions more problematic. Syntax
wise, when ever leaving MediaWiki, I would go with Markdown, which
emerged as de facto standard for structured text, as far as I can see.

For MediaWiki I would suggest the official reCAPTCHA plugin² and
disable anonymous edits.

The domain is registered to Frantisek at Gandi³. All you would have to
do when the new system is ready, is to update the domains A and AAAA
records (for IPv4 and IPv6) to point to the new server.

I can offer to get an account at Uberspace, set up MediaWiki+CAPTCHA
and inject the existing wiki content. Would be helpful to have a
database and filespace dump from Christian then. Should be doable
within one week.

Steffen Beyer <steffen at beyer.io>

¹ http://www.wikimatrix.org/compare/DokuWiki+MediaWiki
² https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/mediawiki