[foodhackingbase] food hacking base at 2013

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 10:28:03 CEST 2013

Hi Evina&all,

Short answers in the text as >> and **

From:Evina Steinova <evincek at gmail.com>
To:Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com>
Cc:"foodhackingbase at lists.hackerspaces.org" <foodhackingbase at lists.hackerspaces.org>; Debra Solomon <debra at urbaniahoeve.nl>
Sent:Sunday, April 7, 2013 1:24 AM
Subject:Re: [foodhackingbase] food hacking base at 2013

Hello,

I found the contact details of the OHM catering crew on the OHM wiki, but they haven't responded to me so far :/
You should be able to navigate through the wiki fairly easily.
>> I will try we will see :-)
Concerning the equipment, what happened to the equipment from CCC?
>> As far as I know part of it was auction by Nick (who covered the budget) and part of it was sold to CCC crew, it is now being used on various CCC events
I can bring some of my stuff from the Hague, but that includes by and large only simple kitchen utensils,
and I will need all of it back in good state.
>> That would help, I will get in touch with various people who I know in Netherlands and surrounding countries and check what we could get through bring and share. However first we should make up our mind how to run the show :-)
Debra, are you planning to prepare things in advance in DH o elsewhere?
I was thinking about it myself (but being full-time employed, not sure how much time am I going to have in reality),
so perhaps we could team up and prepare food stuffs together.

Evina

>> I do not have flight ticket to Europe from South Korea where I'm  based yet, to be honest at the moment it is around 80% probability that I will make it (I will truly do my best). I plan to arrive at least one week in advance to prepare the place for the event but I have to see what are the conditions with the OHM organization team meaning for example since when we can entre the location and do staff.

>> Here are some ideas what we can do during the event to a degree some of them we did already:

** in the afternoon workshop prepare food for dinner (for more than just participants) and have it as a thematic evening. Last time Rasda and his wife did a really nice workshop for Indonesian cuisine and it was lovely, sushi workshop and hungry hacker were really cool too etc. It is great way to socialize and also how to cover the budget. People can give some casch in as donations and participate in the workshop and if they want just to join the evening meal we can prepare more food and get again some donations. For one evening I would love to do Korean style dinner :-)

** we could prepare probiotic beverages in larger quantities and offer them on workshops and to the people interested for some donations (possibly suggested donation), great for promotion and to get budget

** I’m really wondering about the cooling space/fridge. I’m now investigating for a while how to build up cheap walk in cooler room and I think that we could do one below 1000 eu. That would be great way to help us to store staff (especially beverages and probiotic foods like kimchi etc.), it would promote our activity on the “hacking side” and also if we share it wit some people or hackerspaces we could get some cash in from them to build it

** We can host some events for some “companies” or other subjects so they can show what they do have they event and they could chip some cash to our budget. At last event EveryCook has nice event there in our area so we may check with them and so on.

>> Anyway that would be some thoughts, I will have to run, I will contact OHM people as soon as possible.

>> Many thanks for info, talk to you all soon.

>> Sincerely,
>> FAA

Hi to all, thanks for the contributions. Sorry for taking so long, I was now enjoying some work on orange fields from morning till evening and no Internet connection at home.