[Foodhacking_at_camp] 3D modeling of the food hacking base for summer CCC

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 22:05:53 CEST 2011

Greetings to food hackers!
For the time being I want to model a food hacking base =  kitchen with dinning
room and attached facilities so model of interior.

The  basic model is for getting the size of the tent right. The second phase  is
going to be addition of kitchen stations and equipment to be able to  pick up
the most effective design. I would love to have it later on  with "textures"
meaning not just an empty boxes with a sign "stove" but  "kind off photo image"
of stove with oven, cutting boards, more or less  basic 3D of functional kitchen
drawn or photo type of graphics.

It  would be amazing to have the final facility once it is build fully  scanned
or "interactive" so you can kind of walk around see the things,  read the
outputs from thermometers etc. It may get to that point or it  may stay  quite
small and simple but at least basic functional design of the facility to
determine it's size and plan the effective design is necessary.

It  is important to realize that we are trying to create "the best" model  of
kitchen for this type of events (4-10 days of out door cooking) for  30-60
people being fed. It is not going to be perfect the first time but  it would be
cool to have it as good as we can get, spending decent  amount of energy in the
project. I certainly want to take it further on  "next" event.

For the modeling I've been recommended till now

google sketchup

http://sketchup.google.com/

tinkercad
http://tinkercad.com/

blender
http://www.blender.org/

Keep  me posted and if someone at 091 labs would be willing to help me to  learn
the basics how to work with one of the programs mentioned above  that would be
great!

Sincerely,

Frantisek