[foodhackingbase] project "angel balls"

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:10:06 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 00:45, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nice one,
> I'll go through that tomorrow with the dictionary no problem :-)) I really
> like rye bread, however I've never tried the rye cakes, it sounds tasty!

Looking at pictures from Google I see that people sometimes add
different seeds into rye cakes:
http://www.google.ru/search?q=%D1%80%D0%B6%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5+%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B8&hl=ru&newwindow=1&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=UBnlTr6WDpHBswbMx6TVCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=829

I have never seen rye cakes with seeds myself, but I think it is a
good combination. Seeds are especially nutritious too.

Also, it just came to my mind, that dried fruits and nuts mixes are a
nice combination as well. In Russia such mixes are being sold in shops
widely. I think it should be the same in Germany. They can be used per
se or as a base for something else.

> One
> variety of the angel balls which I think would be really cool could be
> enclosed in a "chocolate shell" printed by the 3D printer. I'll do some more
> reading about the state of art on that and I'll post some questions/requests
> to the hackerspaces.org I hope to be enough technological capable to make a
> 3D model in google sketch up so it materializes a bit more.

Nice idea, but 3D printing is slow. I'm not a 3D printer guru, but I
don't think it's a viable way for making food in volumes.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.