[Foodhacking_at_camp] Kvass beverage

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 23:53:12 CEST 2011

Hi Frantisek,

I'm sorry for late reply - a lot of things to prepare before the camp. :(

Could you please schedule Kvass workshop for me? I think 10th is a
good date, though 12th will work too. Bread kvass needs 36 hours to
become ready. Usual schedule is to load bread at evening, then add
yeast at morning (i.e. 12h later), put it in bottles at evening (i.e.
24h later) and taste it next morning (i.e. 24h later). And actually
the longest phase is putting it in bottles - other ones are easy and
boring. So may be we can start the process, say at 9th evening ans
have an official workshop at 10th? (I only hope I'll be ok after the
flight - I arrive at 9th)

I will bring bread for the kvass for bread kvass as well as components
for wort kvass (should be enough to give away few).

I also hope to bring salo
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salo_%28food%29) and would be happy to
show how to cook fried eggs with salo and tomatoes. This is a easy yet
very tasty breakfast food, popular is Ukraine and sometimes in Russia.
It's surprisingly very different from bare fried eggs and from fried
eggs with ham. Let me know if this is interesting.

Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.