[foodhacking] first draft for 30c3

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 10:07:58 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
Below is the first draft of "what we could be" at 30c3. Please talk, discuss and consider it as a proposal.

If you want to edit etc. let me know, I will send you the link to the Google file or share it on some open platfrom as we did before with Christian showing the way (sharing with the fhb group is fine of course, the some for the general public as soon it doesn't get spammed in some way ...).

I would like to post within next 10-14 days if not sooner to the international hackerspace lists, plus various food and bio hacking groups.

Sincrely,

FAA

Food and bio hacking at 30c3 18/9/2013

Food, drink and bio hacking are clearly getting into the prominence within
the hacker movement with every upcoming year. Isn’t a time therefore to
put our numbers together in a coordinated activity and create an
environment at the international hacker events where we can food and bio hack together on a top level and promote this concept to the masses so
it rocks?

Food Hacking Base (fhb) got a lots of attention at OHM 2013 where it served
as an open food hacking platform for people interested in the field,
harbouring also official OHM 2013 workshops and lectures plus building
up ohm2013 orga funded hexayurt cold room project. We would like to take it farther this time at 30c3 and create again well equipped venue for
food hacking but also include biohacking activities and events. Like at
previous events the idea is to serve as place where you can come and
learn, teach and experiment having all the general equipment and
ingredients to your disposition. Coordinating in advance is necessary
but having a space for just drop ins and last minute projects is based
on our experience necessary too. For this event workshops and
experimental activities would be at the center of our interest, however
still some catering for people involved and tasters for the general
public would be a good idea, probiotic drinks will be ready of course.

Based on the todays hackerspaces approach the budget necessary “to be there”
should be again based on group and crowdsourcing funding, if the 30c3
orga could help in any way that would be great but we should not rely on it for now.
So for the overview, this post is about creation of food, drink and bio
hacking platform where people can come and learn, teach and experiment
in related fields. The budget would be mostly group and crowdsourcing
based. At the moment the Food Hacking Base (fhb) group would be serving
as the umbrella to coordinate the efforts, consensus within the
organization team is our way, we open our mids to new faces and change
with every event coming.

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org