[foodhacking] updates about 30c3 and fhb there

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 12:29:18 CET 2013

Hi to all,
Short update about our progress towards 30c3, incubator/ark reactor project etc.

Bad news first, first partly personal. I'm not getting any travel support from the orga to get from Korea to Germany and back, so this one is clear. To my knowledge money were still not transfered from OHM2013 to us, not sure how to make it happen faster, any ideas? Together with that money we stand 600 eu square, I have to back up the rest when ever we need them as I promissed, will be not easy but will be done. That should do for the bad ones I think.

Good news. We should be OK to do quite a decent amount of food hacking as on the previous conferences, it looks like that on the level of assemblies things will be more "flexible" I spoke about that with cpunkt. We will not know any more precise data about our location, availability of water etc. for another three weeks or so, we will have to wait for that one. The "food production" and consumption within our group is still not sorted, tasters should be fine (as before).

Hacker tour - hacker bus. I would like to do together with my girlfriend a food hacking tour after the 30c3 around Europe promoting food hacking base and our group here (associated group if you like) Dancing Drops. It looks like that arrangement will be reached with Moritz, we should be able to use his hackerbus for this trip. The places to visit has to be decided, please get in touch if you would like to have us! We will be offering workshops on variety of ferments like  kimchi, kombucha, makolli, tempeh etc. authentic Korea dinner and developing and building experimental incubators :-) This is just head up, more has to be discussed and planned. I'm considering promoting a crowd sourcing campaign during this trip but not sure about that yet, lets see later on, if so I would like to do it under the fhb logo, stating what is it for and splitting the benefit with the fhb, well we will see.

I would like you to have a look on this page

http://arkreactor.com/ (it may be down at the moment, give it a go later on if it so)

Greg set this forum up for people who are into the bio rectors, incubators etc. I would like to collaborate with him on what he is building it looks really cool. He is based in California near Silicon Valley, very good in electronics and looks like programming too, he has history/experience on this and enthusiasm.

Best at the end. My girlfriend is on a business trip till Tuesday (sad of course), I hope to be able to work most of the time on preparation of our crowd sourcing campaign for 30c3 (it is really time for it) and many other things around fhb. I would like to appeal on you, this would be great time to get involved every little bit of energy helps! Because of the previous experience we can set up nice structure for our crowd sourcing campaign within several days if we synchronize well.

Talk to you all soon,

Sincerely,

FAA

PS I've build a simple dryer based on 3x 100 w light bulbs and computer fan and I'm now testing it on drying kombucha SCOBY, which if everything goes well will become our batch with I hope by laser engraved logo for 30c3, which I think is super! I want to start to grow around 30x of them tomorrow or next few days, I have rebuild our fermentation room and made the drier especially for this :-) I'm really happy on this one (all of them are going to be babies of the Kombucha cosmopolita).

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org