[foodhacking] funds for cold room secured - up to 1000 eu, bank account?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 10:47:08 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
We have got the support of OHM to build up the cold room. We Food Hacking Base will be coordinating the project taking care about the budgeting. We can claim up to 1000 eu in funds, all has to be documented by proper receides/bills. The money will be transfered on the account which we select, available immediately. FHB will be claiming up to 25% of the place for storing our stuff, it will be build at N2 which was dedicated to our project.

People who are interested in helping to make this project happen please get in touch with me as soon as possible, I will be online, talking to me directly on the ground would be better. My plan is to start to secure the materials latest on 26th and start to build up the same day, the cold room should be operational by 29th latest, preferably before than.

The basic idea is outline on the project page

https://ohm2013.org/wiki/Village:Food_Hacking_Base/Project/Cold_room

check out the low cost version at the bottom of the page. In short floor will be done from EU pallets and chip boards on it, sides and roof from polystyren most likely wooden frame used to support it, taped together, maybe reflexive foil on the top (and water insulation), cooling will be done by aircondition unit which we have to hack.

We need people to help up with the build up and to hack the aircon so it cools all the way down to 4C or so plus getting the things from the shop to the ground = transportation .

Let me know when and how you can help out, preferably catch me on the camping ground (cottage number 9 for now, or Frantisek on the deck phone).

Many thanks to everyone for help and especially to the orga.

Sincerely,

FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker