[Finance] Pursuing funding for a combined coliving + makerspace property

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 21:44:31 CEST 2020

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 12:05 PM Jeff Cotten <omegix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Holy crap.  It's been so long since I've seen anything but spam on this
> list I almost didn't see this :)

Thanks for keeping an eye out! I don't see the spam in the archives, so I
guess it's doing a good job of filtering on that end.

> I don't have any insight into lenders, grant programs, etc, but I bet this
> contact would:
> https://www.nationofmakers.us/
>
> Just a heads up, they will want you to join that organization, but if you
> meet with her over video chat she'll explain that there is a
> pay-what-you-can system available.
> I did this with her once and I came away with the impression that she had
> a lot of contacts in the makerspace arena, and probably knows who
> the potential investors are.
> I believe she said that NationOfMakers came out of an Obama administration
> initiative to prop up STEM education.

I will reach out to her. Thank you!

> I'm excited for your initiative.  It makes me want to sell my house and
> move to Portland.

If you decide to go that route, we'd love to have you! Especially if you
want to take some of the proceeds of the sale and invest them ;)