[Finance] Finance Digest, Vol 5, Issue 4

Leigh Honeywell leigh at hypatia.ca
Fri Oct 29 03:04:27 CEST 2010

On 10-10-28 07:20 PM, Grant Henninger wrote:
> I don't intend to build a hackerspace with the only intention of making
> money.  I work for a non-profit now and am very involved in my
> community.  I'm fairly passionate about helping people.  My focus here
> on the budget was simply because this is the finance mailing list.  I
> thought that this was where these types of discussions were suppose to
> happen.
>
> -Grant

This is indeed what this list is for.  But it sounds like you're
intending to run something quite different from the spaces most of us
run... so I'm not sure why you're asking on here :)

To put this in context - last week I had a long conversation with a
friend who's in the process of setting up a similarly-structured space
to ours, but which is going to have a completely different crowd with
different interests.  For his music studio co-op, the way we do things
in hackerspaces was relevant.  For what you're describing, the common
interests (technology/hacking) don't overcome the different structures,
and the conversation is less productive :/

-Leigh