[Finance] Fund raising

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Mon Sep 6 11:11:49 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 10:29:52PM -0600, madstringer wrote:
> So we(denhac) were discussing fund raising and trying to figure out what
> the good ideas were as opposed to the bad ideas. Anyone got input? What
> have your experiences been with raising money for a
> hackerspace/locksport/makers/etc?

We tend to have parties from time to time. Selling drinks brings in some
extra cash. Apart from that and membership dues, we don't have much
income besides an occasional donation from employers or non-profits that
want to promote hackerspaces.

We're not short on cash luckily, rent is really cheap so we ca ninvest
in tools and machinery.

gmc