[Finance] Introductions?

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 09:40:24 CEST 2010

Hey, I'm Russ from the London Hackspace.

I won't go into the intricacies of UK non-profit tax regulations
unless someone asks (it's not as nice as 501c3, for sure). I'll write
a blog post on it at some point.

We're using GNUCash too at the moment. It's not great, I really bemoan
the lack of an API since we take membership subscriptions (only) by
bank transfer and I had to make a separate system to process the bank
statements. Exporting statements involves either ugly HTML or writing
custom templates in Scheme (urgh).

I'd like to move to one of these web-based accounting packages, but
I've always found some showstopping issue with them.

--
Russ Garrett
russ at garrett.co.uk