[hs-equality] Queer Geeks Panel is TONIGHT

fabienne fabienne at fabienne.us
Thu Jan 26 13:15:35 CET 2012

2012/1/26 Matthias Preuß <matthias_preuss at gmx.net>

> Hi Koen, Jens and others,
>
> Koen, it's not really clear for me what to do. I'm a mac user (10.7.2) and
> if you give me detailed instructions I will get these things done. But
> maybe Jens' idea is easier for me.

have you used the terminal app before on os x? you will be able to scp it
up. can someone give him the scp details for where the file will be
uploaded? the terminal app is located in Applications > Utilities > Terminal

let me know if you need help navigating to the folder where you have the
movie (if you have unix command line experience i apologize if i'm
insulting you). basically someone (whoever volunteered to host the file)
will give you somewhere to scp it, you navigate to the folder where you
have the finished video file, and then scp it up.

first navigate to where the file is located, example on your os x Desktop:
computername:~ matthias$ cd ~/Desktop/

then scp it up to wherever it will be hosted once someone gives you a login:
computername:Desktop matthias$ scp themoviefile.avi matthias at ipaddress:~/

it will prompt you for a password (enter password you are given then hit
enter):
matthias at ipaddress's password:

you'll see how long the file will take to upload:
themoviefile.avi                       1%   14MB   2.2MB/s   08:28 ETA

when it's done it will kick you back into a command prompt:
computername:Desktop matthias$

hope that helps.

cheers,
fbz