[hs-equality] 28c3, website, podcast

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 15:54:02 CET 2012

Thanks, tomate, for meeting people who want to help with the website!  Way cool that Gay Rome Foundation wants to pay to make our site way spiffy.  Let's go for it!

I met Jamillah at the UK Maker Faire.  She's way cool, and totally "gets it".  She interviewed me for BBC.  I'd be way happy to work and play with her again, and fully encourage others to do so, too.

Best,

Mitch.

---------------------------------------- > From: mail at stephanurbach.de > Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 18:59:38 +0100 > To: equality at lists.hackerspaces.org > Subject: [hs-equality] 28c3, website, podcast > > Hey all, > > first - I wish everypony a fantastic happy new year 2012. > > 28c3 is over and we had a great 2 hour talk at the congress moderated by Tom - thanks to all attendees! I got great feedback on this from CCC officials and congress organizing team. > > The website is up (thanks Rubin) and still has a lack of design - I met some people from the gay rome foundation located in Amsterdam at 28c3. They are would like to support hacker equality. As they have the money (and the people!) they would love to to pay for a design for the site - which means, they pay someone to create it :) If this is OK for you all, I will proceed onto this. > > Recently I had an interview for a podcast with Jemilah Knowles from the BBC and we were talking afterwards about this topic. After a few minutes we both came to the idea that it would be great to do some podcasts on feminism, queer and equalism on a level, that hackers who are not into this topic can gain basic information about this. > I know Jemilah as a fantastic moderator - if you are fine with it, I will start proceed with her on this topic and prepare the podcasts - more info will come after the planning. > > Again, happy 2012, > > Cheers > tomate > > _______________________________________________ > Equality mailing list > Equality at lists.hackerspaces.org > http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/equality