[hs-equality] Are we still alive?

Koen Martens gmc at hackerspaces.org
Tue Aug 21 23:23:57 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 05:12:42PM -0700, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> Mitch Altman wrote, On 2012-08-18 20:32:
> > How about let's do a hack night where we get together on Skype, or
> > some such?
> >
> > Maybe we could get a good start on the site.
>
> I would be down for this, though I'm not touching Skype at the moment.
> Google Hangout seems a little less fucked-prone.

Let's use jitsi then.. If we are going to be all ideological! :)

> Anyone else interested?

I might. Depending on time, day, etc.. I find my time being absorbed
by ohm2013 more and more these days, and have killed about all of my
other projects (or, more friendly, i put on hold all my other projects
until after ohm).

https://ohm2013.org/site/

Speaking of which, i'm a bit troubled by the wish that came up to have a
'non harrassment policy' or whatever you call it. Now, I'm no fan of such
policies, as they reak of crazy yankee stuff, yet I also feel the need to
make more explicit the fact that harassing women, bashing gays, dismiss
unicorns and piss on ethnic minorities is not ok at OHM. I do want one
or two lines in the t&c that explicitly say the above may be reason for
removal, but am thinking about a more friendly way of bringing the point
home for in the event booklet.

Anyway, not wanting to open this can of worms on this list, as this issue
normally tends to lead to huge flamewars (i've seen it recently on a
orga list of another camp again). Just interested in opinions, creative
ideas, brilliant suggestions.

- gmc