[hackerspaces] Trenton NJ

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Mon May 2 14:46:23 CEST 2016

I would say to start small.  You don't have to get thousands and thousands
of dollars from grants and things - although that would be help a lot!  You
just need to start a meetup.com group and meet at starbucks or other public
places and see how many people show up that are interested in also starting
up a space in your area.  If you get enough people that are willing to put
up some money to rent a small space then you can get started from there.
Find a small place to rent where you can have some large tables for people
to work on their projects, and places to put the 3D printer, and other
tools.  Make one of your first group projects building a 3D printer like a
RepRap or other low cost kits.
Melbourne Makerspace is in a tiny 1000 sq ft storage/receiving unit on the
back side of a commercial building.  We still have room for 3 3D printers,
electronics workbench, laser cutter, HAM radio bench, sewing machine area,
CNC router (Shapeko2), woodshop, and a metal working area with a mill and
lathe.  So you can start small then once you have enough members paying the
dues you can use that money to rent a bigger space.

http://melbournemakerspace.org/