[hackerspaces] Irving Texas student suspended for bringing a circuitry-control clock project to school

ITechGeek itg at itechgeek.com
Wed Sep 16 17:12:25 CEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 5:28 AM, David Francos <me at davidfrancos.net> wrote:

> I still can't comprehend how a child with a clock can be detained, thrown
> in a prision cell for a few hours, and then still not being allowed to go
> back to school.

I think this would be called "Being a maker while brown".

I can see the school holding it for the parents, but from what I was
reading the case was being kept closed w/ a wire because he didn't want to
lock it.  Anyone could have looked inside to see no explosive material (or
asked the cops to come inspect it), but no reason for the cops to take him
off school grounds.

-ITG (ITechGeek)
ITG at ITechGeek.Com
https://itg.nu/
GPG Keys: https://itg.nu/contact/gpg-key
Preferred GPG Key: Fingerprint: AB46B7E363DA7E04ABFA57852AA9910A DCB1191A
Google Voice: +1-703-493-0128 / Twitter: ITechGeek / Facebook:
http://fb.me/Jbwa.Net