[hackerspaces] Leadership abusing powers. Bullying. Extraordinary General Meetings.

Don Ankney dankney at hackerco.de
Thu Feb 26 00:34:41 CET 2015

On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:51 AM, peter <phm at riseup.net<mailto:phm at riseup.net>> wrote:

On 23/02/15 05:08, Sparr wrote:
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:56 PM, peter <phm at riseup.net<mailto:phm at riseup.net>> wrote:
Does anyone have advice/experience with the leadership abusing their powers, doing unconstitutional/unethical things?

Short answer: unless the group's bylaws give you some recourse, then you have none. The leadership gets to make up the rules, and if you don't like them then you can go start your own club. The actual points of your arguments don't matter. They could be telling you to stop wearing yellow shirts, and your justification for wearing yellow shirts WOULDNT MATTER.

I beg to differ. I don't care what the 'law' says. I care about what is the right/moral thing to do.

(there is no appeal process, but I can try to call an EGM, which is what I'm doing)

If your government starts committing genocide, would you say 'oh well, they passed a law to make it legal, so there is nothing I can do?'.

Off you should choose that example.The prelude to genocide is almost always dehumanizing the targets.