[hackerspaces] Differences between hackerspaces and fablabs

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Mon May 12 22:05:37 CEST 2014

Just as a flipside to the coin I've been through several all night
hackathons that go from saturday night into sunday morning (followed by a
group breakfast after the sun comes up at the local IHOP or Waffle House.
 These hackathons were a time when everyone could come in and just work on
whatever project they may be working on for several straight hours without
interruption be it hardware, software, crafts, art, or whatever.  This also
allowed access to all the different skill sets since this attracted a
majority of the membership to be present so you can ask questions or get
some quick tips on how best to solve a problem with your project.