[hackerspaces] Epilog laser cutter - focus lens replacement

Sector67 Team team at sector67.org
Tue Mar 25 17:55:34 CET 2014

We have a 150W CO2 laser and have been running the znse lenses from eBay,
they work fine.  They're spec'd by the diameter of the lens and the focal
range, so just pick the right diameter and focus length and you should be
in good shape.  MAKE SURE YOU PUT IT IN WITH THE DOMED SIDE TOWARDS THE
OBJECT TO BE BLASTED (flat side towards the tube).  For mirror replacement
some folks have had luck with metal hard drive platters but we haven't
tried them on ours (or higher wattage lasers, <75W have had success, I'm
guessing it's fine but it hasn't been tested yet).

Chris

Chris Meyer
Director
Sector67