[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces Microwiki

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Mon Jun 2 10:59:02 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 08:55:47PM -0400, Josh Pritt wrote:
> Does it not use utc time?

Currently times are UTC+1 because that's where the server is. There are two
options for timezones:

 a) detecting where the user is based on IP geolocation or other magic,
 b) detecting where the hackerspace is based on lat/lon or address.

>Otherwise I suppose we could all agree to use the format that includes the
>time zone (used also in oracle and other RDBMS).

This would mean moving away from the Unix timestamp currently used which
would break a lot of things that look at SpaceAPI.

Maybe an extra timezone field would be better.

Iain.

--
urn:x-human:Iain R. Learmonth
http://iain.learmonth.me/
mailto:irl at fsfe.org
xmpp:irl at jabber.fsfe.org
tel:+447875886930

GPG Fingerprint: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49
Please verify out-of-band before trusting with sensitive information.

This email was composed Mon  2 Jun 09:54:20 BST 2014.