[hackerspaces] thoughts regarding recent discussions (food)

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Jan 30 02:37:02 CET 2014

This is awesome, thanks for your perspective on this.

James B wrote, On 2014-01-29 17:20:
> Equality: Brainstorming about hacker equality -
> http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/equality

For what it's worth this list is around, and there are some of us on it,
though it's been deader than I like it.

I don't think people should feel the need to filter discussion revolving
around (in)equality within the hackerspaces scene of any kind (gender,
sexual orientation, race, religion, craft, text editor preference,
operating system choice, robots, etc) off of this list. The Equality
list may yield a more helpful audience, but it's not as wide as the
discuss list, and sometimes the discuss list is the right group to share
such a discussion with.

The the Equality list was originally started to sort of discuss a
direction to go with hackerequality.org and where to go with that in
general in this community. Sadly for me I haven't had as much free time
as I want to throw into it, so it really hasn't gone anywhere. If others
want to join in and help, that would be great. :)

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net