[hackerspaces] What do you do in open tuesdays?

hadez hadez.hso at nrrd.de
Mon Jan 27 16:58:38 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Sparr <sparr0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never heard of, and can't quickly find any information via
> searching, of "open tuesdays". What are you referring to?

florencia might be referring to the tuesday pattern[0].
we're using the tuesday pattern (for us it's more of an "alternating
wednesday/thursday pattern") for our weekly plenum meeting (open to
the public as well).

wrt to "visiting days" however, at shackspace we're simply open everyday.
there's no members-only days at all, just varying numbers of folks around.
however, we do announce saturday afternoons as "open hacking event" to
lower the barrier for people expecting a special day for "newcomers".
on top of that we usually have a yearly all-day event that we announce
to a broader audience (newspaper etc) where we also offer food, talks,
tours etc. this pulls in quite a lot of folks not usually seen at
hackerspaces.

[0] http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/The_Tuesday_Pattern
--
hadez