[hackerspaces] Safe Space Policies?

Geoff Swan shinobi.jack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 02:30:30 CET 2014

I'll risk trying to summarize what I saw as the key points of value in this
thread as highlighted in Alan Fay's email and Matt's second email.

There is no set of "cure all" rules that can replace the hard work required
to engage and teach your community to behave respectfully to others. Don't
use the hackerspace to start a personal crusade, it ends badly for everyone.

Finally, because clearly I can't help myself; once flame proof goggles have
been donned, people will interpret everything as flame bait...