[hackerspaces] Safe Space Policies?

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Sun Jan 26 20:19:02 CET 2014

On 26/01/2014 16:18, Glyn Kennington wrote:

>> Look! I sport a penis! And I feel oppressed by this!
>
> Actually, this isn't about me.

I was not presuming as much. More to take a piss at "men's rights" types.

>> The latter is
>> misogynous and sexist, the former is merely a factual observation of a
>> somewhat informal sort.
>
> The former is a generalization that can be marginalizing to trans people.

I'll have to check that with the trans people I know (but do not meet on
a daily basis). My understanding is that trans people first and foremost
want to be accepted as having the gender that they have transitioned into.

Regards,

 Walter