[hackerspaces] importance of community in hackerspace

Paul Brown paul90brown at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 21:19:40 CET 2014

I lurk on the Noisebridge mailing list and something that Danny O'Brien
said about this topic really stuck with me (it's in the context of Aaron
Swartz's death):

"Mitch was one of the first to use hackerspaces to set up meetings to
talk about depression among hackers. Noisebridge isn't just about
Arduinos and giant fricking lasers. We come here to support each other,
especially in our darkest times, and we work to support the wider hacker
community.

Please take care of each other. If we die, it will not be by our own
hands, nor by those who might misunderstand us, but by giant robot
hands, hugging their fleshy creators just a biiit too hard for our puny
human tolerances. And we'll build it together, not alone."

https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2013-January/034386.html