[hackerspaces] Accommodations for lower income space members

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 18:56:35 CET 2014

Double Union has a sliding scale for membership fees. Most people pay
from $10-50 a month. A few pay more than that. $10 is the minimum
since we felt it's important to contribute something. People are
expected to use their own judgment to adjust how much they pay if
their income or needs change.

So far this has worked out well!

Cheers,

- liz

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Josh Pritt <ramgarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Makers Local 256 has the same thing for every member. Just put down how much you can afford every month on your application and stick with that. I guess this works when you have around 40-50 members but it's worked for the past 4 years.

Liz Henry
lizhenry at gmail.com

"Electric ladies will you sleep or will you preach?" -- Janelle Monae

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ