[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces origins history

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:48:09 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM, . <whipboi at hotmail.com> wrote:
> You forgot to refer to society as bourgeoisie. Again, someone attempting to
> bolt their political objectives to the hackerspace scene.

No, it's not "someone".  It's _me_, generally speaking.  I seem to be
the activist here, you don't have to disparage everyone else.

> And anyone who
> leaves out the L0pht and The Hacker Foundation in their history of
> hackerspaces only knows the most recent crop of spaces.

The L0pht was a dream that materialized only in print, though it still
may form the basis of the hackerspace ethos.  The Hacker Foundation I
think you just made up.

In any case, while everyone wants to ride the power of the idea, just
like in the formation of the US, there have been the true patriots
protecting those ideals.  Richard Stallman and the Free Software
Foundation, for example.  Unfortunately for us, there are many lazy
cowards.

Marxos