[hackerspaces] DPL: Defensive Patent License -- and Hackerspaces

Ethan Chew spacefelix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:49:51 CEST 2014

That is an intriguing prospect (and as I understand your thoughts); have a
hackerspace design competition where we uphold freedom of knowledge, we get
to have fun exploring and verifying a patent technology and we all share
the results of the development.

Would this perhaps be a financial interest on the part of patent creators
and/or otherwise to make a cash prize for a hackerspace that can succeed at
demonstrating a prototype of a patent?

There was the XPrize to motivate technology development, what of a similar
prize for this?

                 - Ethan/spacefelix

http://lists.hackerspaces.org/pipermail/discuss/attachments/20140331/5f1d91da/attachment-0001.html