[hackerspaces] Software Freedom Day?

Eric Chaney eric at metaldust.com
Fri Sep 20 17:32:05 CEST 2013

The Dallas Makerspace is hosting it's 4th Software Freedom Day.

It's typically our second largest event. of the year. Eclipsed by our
open house.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day_2013 [4]

We have Fedora coming down and several presenters lined up.

We have been posting the information to social networks.

Meetup.com facebook twitter reddit ....

And mostly a lot of emails and phone calls to get people to show up.

On 2013-09-20 08:56, Joshua Pritt wrote:

> My idea was to promote my Open Source Saturdays along with my Hackerspace Hive projects for SFD:
>
> https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/OpenSourceSaturdays [2]
>
> https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/HackerspaceHive [3]
>
> Perhaps these would also make a good project to work on for the Synchronous Hackathon?
>
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Nathaniel Bezanson <myself at telcodata.us> wrote:
>
>> It's gonna be i3detroit's first year hosting a Software Freedom Day event and we're not quite solid on what to do. We're a pretty hardware-centric group, so it looks like some open platforms (beaglebone, at least) might be the focus.
>>
>> I'm curious what other folks are doing, what's worked well in the past, how you get the word out, any pitfalls to avoid, etc.
>>
>> Also thinking about firing up our ustream and trying to get it connected to the synchronous hackathon page... that'll depend on how much free time we have ;)
>>
>> -Nate B-

Links:
------
[2] https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/OpenSourceSaturdays