[hackerspaces] Members storing their personal stuff...

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Fri Nov 22 04:09:35 CET 2013

At Tokyo hackerspace, members have a box where they can store personal
stuff, the rest is considered common material and tools. At a space where I
was previously, things that were unlabeled were considered fair game and
you were not allowed to be angry if someone used it.

I don't remember where I saw the "vortex of doom" pattern, but I liked it
and made one at the Tokyo hackerspace:
http://i.imgur.com/7hFaoMvh.jpg

It is pretty self explanatory. Anyone can put things away from the vortex
(provided you find a place for it) but after a while it gets thrown away
(in practice it takes more time than 2 weeks as we tend to wait that a
compartment is filled to spill it over the next one)

10. The main problem at THS is that we have a lot of history: some projects
are left for years because some former member abandoned it in a labeled
box. This is not taking an unmanageable proportion yet however.