[hackerspaces] How to create a steady-state makerspace/hackerspace business model

Gui Cavalcanti gui at artisansasylum.com
Tue Jun 4 20:19:50 CEST 2013

On 6/4/2013 2:08 PM, webmind wrote:
> I don't know, that's what I was trying to say. But of all the
> hackerspaces we got, I don't think any of them fall in any of those
> categories. So that makes it look there is no or minimal overlap
> between hackerspaces and makerspaces. Or atleast that the article
> isn't relevant to hackerspaces in general.
The rest of the article simply discusses common expenses to commercial
real estate spaces that have tools in them, and then common types of
income (and examples of uncommon types of income) for spaces that have
tools in them. In the U.S. at least, almost all hackerspaces have some
significant inclusion of tools in their layout. If the resulting
expenses and income from operating in such commercial spaces aren't
relevant, I'm not really sure what would be.

--
Gui Cavalcanti, President
Artisan's Asylum, Inc.