[hackerspaces] Updating Hackerspace wiki entry

Philip Poten philip.poten at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 08:25:07 CEST 2013

2013/7/23 Florian Holzhauer <fh-hackerspaces at fholzhauer.de>:
> The only other way I currently see is some kind of manual verification, and
> this is way more annoying for all involved parties than a false positive
> every few weeks.

i would suggest a password "captcha", with the password being
distributed on this list with "X-Archive: no", spread by the readers
in their spaces and an appropriate hint posted on the wiki that
everybody coming to the party late is welcome to have it after they've
introduced themselves on the list. Maybe even list a few persons who'd
do some minimal vetting, and would provide the password off list.

Since there's already a signup (and email and captcha) required, it's
not like we're playing the "lowest possible barrier" game. And if
someone has something to add on that wiki, they're very very likely
already in touch with somebody who has the password, so
"introductions" will only be necessary in the rarest of cases anyway.