[hackerspaces] Email Encryption

Michael Zeltner m at niij.org
Sat Jul 20 00:27:33 CEST 2013

On 19 Jul 19:07, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> The Doctor wrote, On 2013-07-19 09:55:
> > Mac: https://gpgtools.org/
>
> The GPG Tool Kit for Mac is ok, but buggy. They're also slow at keeping
> up with upgrades to OS X. I've observed the thing spit out incorrect
> data when listing off fingerprints for keys.

For what it's worth, I've had similar behaviour come up on platforms during
workshops involving Enigmail - I suppose it's a bug related to displaying as
in my instances, it showed fingerprints of another key we had just looked at
(never dug deeper, didn't try to reproduce, my despair with regards to the
current state of our infrastructure is too often overwhelming). It didn't make
people feel all that much safer.

As this usually involved Windows, I now switched to showing people Kleopatra
which never exhibited the same issues.

Best, Michael
--
https://niij.org/