[hackerspaces] University of Cambridge student looking for Makers Entrepreneurs

Nicolas Parisot ngp32 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 12 10:40:38 CEST 2013

Dear Hacker and Maker community,

I am a French student at the University of Cambridge and write my Master
's thesis on the way that "Fabrication spaces and Maker/Hacker
communities lower barrier to and support entrepreneurship".

I visited different spaces worldwide and read literature on fabrication
space business models, benefits and limits. However, to complete my
dissertation , I am looking for Makers entrepreneurs who developed or
are developing their idea/product in Hackerspaces/Makerspaces and who
are willing to share their entrepreneurial experience with me. By means
of case studies, I hope to understand and highlight the role that these
spaces and the maker culture plays in lowering barriers to and
supporting entrepreneurship and innovation. And the more case studies  I
can gather, the more robust and accurate my study will be.

For this reason, I would be really grateful if makers entrepreneurs out
there could contact me (ngp32 at cam.ac.uk) to share their experience with
me. Your contribution will help me to bridge the current gap regarding
the maker culture in the Academic Literature and hence help to emphasise
its importance for Innovation. Please note that if for IP reasons you
can't share any information on your product, it remains possible to
conduct an interview and make a case study out of your experience.

Finally, if you are an entrepreneur or not and you would like to get
more information about my work, please do not hesitate to contact me.****

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolas Parisot