[hackerspaces] HELP US FINDING VINTAGE ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS!!!

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Thu Jan 17 22:16:20 CET 2013

Instead of talkin'bout FIREARMS, what about helping an
hackerspace / hacklab / bricolab / museum in the deep south of
Italy, in the middle of SICILIA?

We're building a museum copy of an APPLE 1, using only vintage
components from 1976 era; we have almost anything, but we are
desperately searching:

          TEXAS INSTRUMENTS LOW PROFILE IC SOCKETS
                   8, 14, 16 AND 24 PIN

    for historical and museal purposes, they have to be
                EXACTLY AS THIS PICTURE:

http://museo.freaknet.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/P1010512.jpg
http://museo.freaknet.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/P1010513.jpg
(this is the 40 pin version)

They came in blisters and have a mylar backside. They were very
cheap in 1976 but now they're out of production! Someone can
spot them in some old store or at flea markets or auctions or ...
boh?!?

                  P l E a S e    help us!

their product code are:

 TI C8408-02  (we need about 20 of them)
 TI C8414-02  (we need about 60 of them)
 TI C8416-02  (we need about 200 of them)
 TI C8424-02  (we need about 50 of them)

If you want to know more about our project, take a look here

http://museo.freaknet.org/en/apple-1-creation/

LESS FIREARMS, MORE TI IC SOCKETS FOR SICILY! \o/

(p.s. we also need support, and donations are welcome to pay
bills! :)

--
[ ::::::::: 73 de IW9HGS : http://freaknet.org/asbesto ::::::::::: ]
[ Freaknet Medialab :: Poetry Hacklab : Dyne.Org :: Radio Cybernet ]