[hackerspaces] [wiki] TechShop

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 19:49:31 CET 2013

On 2 January 2013 18:14, Greg McGuire <greg at nesit.org> wrote:
> Who cares if they're for-profit or not-for-profit? Do they do things that people at hackerspaces do? If yes, than they  deserve to be on the wiki. If not, than they shouldn't be on the wiki.

What are the things that people at hackerspaces do?

I think a major aspect of hackerspaces is that they're community-run.
This adds an atmosphere which is lacking in commercial places like
Techshop (which is still awesome, get me wrong). In my opinion, a key
part of the whole hackerspace ethos is community governance.

--
Russ Garrett
russ at garrett.co.uk