[hackerspaces] Add your cams to the spaceapi plox

Matt brimstone at the.narro.ws
Tue Feb 26 14:30:27 CET 2013

On 02/26/2013 06:16 AM, Elger Jonker wrote:
> From all the spaces on the api, most streams and cams are discarded
> since the format could not be determined safely. Even how they are
> entered differs.
>
> I'd propose an addition to the api to add N streamfiles and N
> camfiles: for direct consumption. As a standard key-value pair.
> It's easy to scopecreep this, so i wont just now :)

(attempting migration to spaceapi-devel list)

Initially I think, "Isn't that why there's a Content-type field to
the HTTP response?" but then I think you don't want fetch the url
described by the "cam" or "stream" attribute. That's what you meant
by "safely."

I view adding "streamfiles" or "camfiles" as scope creep as "cam"
sounds like a static image and "stream" sounds like some sort of...
river of images.

#matt