[hackerspaces] Security for glass storefront hackerspaces

justin corwin outlawpoet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:57:10 CET 2013

At Crashspace we have a large glass storefront, but we filled it with
shelves and displays, so it seems less inviting to break. You'd have to
break the glass, then break down the shelves to get through. And an obvious
security camera is there as well. We've never had any problems.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM, M <dblmca at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Nathaniel Bezanson <myself at telcodata.us>
> wrote:
> > M  wrote:
> >> Security film works really well.  I had a retail store and we had it
> >> on our large windows.
> >> It was attacked with a pipe and a cinder block for about 15 mins and
> >> all they could do was make a small 6" hole.
> >> We got it all on camera, and the police responded before anything
> >> could be stolen.
> >
> > Oh please tell me this is on youtube somewhere!
> >
> > How did you get notified in order to call the police? Curious what the
> rest of the system was...
>
> We also had a glass break sound sensor along with all the normal door
> sensors and such.
> We were with a local alarm company... sonitrol.  Which now that I
> think about it... is known for their sound monitoring.
>
>  -M

Justin Corwin
outlawpoet at gmail.com
http://programmaticconquest.tumblr.com