[hackerspaces] Cash flow?

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:49:47 CET 2013

On Feb 12, 2013 2:08 AM, "Rubin Abdi" <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> Provide lots of options, in fact all of the options, including cold hard
> cash. Bitcoins too if you can figure out a good way to spend it. Never
> ever ever ever be a dick to someone simply because they want to pay you
> in gold boolean instead of dealing with Paypal, because what it comes
> down to is that all of us hacker spaces actually have a hard time
> staying afloat, and at the end of the day you're basically rejecting
> someone who wants to give you free money.

As someone who has lost some tens of thousands of dollars and a decent
credit rating to PayPal's shenanigans, I cannot endorse this sentiment
strongly enough. If you are wanting the money that I want to give to you
there's no good reason for you not to accept Serve, Popmoney, Dwolla,
QuickPay, Amazon payments, wire transfer, moneygram or western union, etc.