[hackerspaces] partkeepr/alternatives

Jenny Ryan jenny at thepyre.org
Sat Feb 2 03:52:41 CET 2013

At sudo room, we use Labitrack <https://github.com/labitat/labitrack>,
spawned out of the Copenhagen hackerspace Labitat. Label printer prints QR
code stickers with basic info to stick on items in the space. When scanned,
brings up a wiki page with more detailed info (such as manuals, owners,
etc;).

I am working with some folks to extend the functionality of Labitrack to
enable geospatial searching of tools, people/skills and projects, and
syncing between decentralized databases.

I hadn't seen Partkeepr before now. May be nice to integrate with for the
smaller bits that can't be sticker'd easily and tend to fluctuate in
availability. :)

\o/

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net