[hackerspaces] Idea: things.hackerspaces.org now that Thingiverse is not ok anymore

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Sun Sep 23 22:02:05 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-23 19:04, bre pettis wrote:
> Hey folks, having started NYCResistor, I'm on this list too!

I know, it is not like I want to talk behind your back.

> The terms are not bad, they are just written by a lawyer. I'm working
> with the lawyers to make them much more readable so folks don't freak
> out anymore than they already have.

You've stated that before in your blog and it does nothing to me to
clear up the situation. It is no explanation, just a 'bear with us, we
apologise for any inconvenience'. Which is a shame really, given the
terrific effort you've put in all this.

The things you could do _now_ are:

- State unequivocally that it was never the intent for MakerBot
Industries to acquire more rights for itself than the creator of a thing
was granting to the general public;
- Ask your lawyer why this particular subject needs to be covered to
begin with since the license options all grant Makerbot Industries the
rights to use, transmit etc. already.

Regards,

  Walter