[hackerspaces] MAKErspace.com releases Playbook and updated Tools documents

Sean Bonner sean at seanbonner.com
Thu May 3 01:52:47 CEST 2012

So, kind of unrelated, but also related, yet unrelated...

Is O'Reilly laying claim to the "Makerspace" term now? What I mean is, if
someone is setting up a space and has been calling it a Makerspace, should
they think of a new term so as not to run afoul of trademarks and whatnot?

-s

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Jerry Isdale <isdale at gmail.com> wrote:

> The O'Reilly Makerspace.com is the DARPA funded project to put 1000
> makerspaces in high schools. Preliminary work is starting to come out, not
> long after they signed the contract.
>
> Today their blog post announces the of released their 'Makerspace
> Playbook' and updated the high school makerspace tools & materials doc.
> They have asked for comments on the PDFs.
>
> http://makerspace.com/2012/05/01/makerspace-playbook/
>
> Check em out.  I think they could be adapted to generic hackerspaces.
>
> CAUTION - this material was developed using US Government Department of
> Defense money.  If that offends you, do not read it.
> (Personally, I am happy to redirect funds from weapons making to hackers.)
>
>  Jerry Isdale
> isdale at gmail.com

Sean Bonner
homebase <http://seanbonner.com> | twitter <http://twitter.com/seanbonner> |
G+ <https://plus.google.com/101629211371073711149/posts> |
SAFECAST<http://safecast.org>

* email is painful so I'm trying to keep messages short and direct. Please
excuse my brevity. Here's 6 tips to make email suck less for
everyone<http://blog.seanbonner.com/2012/03/08/6-tips-to-make-email-suck-less/>
.